I needed a page to put the random stuff that falls outside of what CTMQ is truly all about. That doesn’t mean it’s any less important to me – I love this stuff. There are other random things that aren’t really “CTMQ” things over in the Ingest section too, if you’re on a mission to read things that aren’t the norm ’round these parts.
Non-Connecticut Hiking and Peak-Bagging:
Don’t tell anyone, but this is perhaps my favorite pursuit. Moreso than museums. If I had the time and money, I’d knock off these lists right away. As life would have it, what with two little kids and a mortgage and a job and all that, these are pretty much life-long pursuits. I’m okay with that. (You’ll note a lot of overlap on the lists below. But each list is “maintained” by a separate club or organization and each list has slightly different rules and awards and such.)
Note: As with everything on CTMQ, no matter what I’ve done in my life, these lists begin anew with the advent of digital photography and a wife. It just makes sense to me for some reason.
- 50 State Highpoints Project – Every state has a highest point. We intend to stand on each one.
- New England’s Hundred Highest Peaks – This difficult to attain list includes all of the 4000 footers plus 33 more.
- Adirondack 46’ers – The 46 major peaks in the ADK’s. Not all have trails but hey, one is named Nippletop.
- Catskills 3500 Club – 35 peaks all above 3500 feet. And not too far away; though several are trail-less.
If I am able to complete the three lists above, I’ll also have completed the:
- Northeast 111 (115) – All 111 peaks (plus 4 historical screw-ups) in New York and New England over 4,000 feet.
So I’ll just link other reports on this list.
- CTMQ Required Reading List – Fiction, non-fiction, it doesn’t matter.
- Modern Library’s Top 100 Books – We’re reading ’em all
Non-Connecticut Travel, Humor, & Lists:
- The 2006 World Cup Tour! – Hitting local pubs and restaurants that coincide with the countries playing soccer. Cooler than it sounds.
- US National Park Visits – Definitely list-worthy
- Past vacations – Hoang and I did some some good stuff over the years. Not all of them, unfortunately, were captured on digital though. Oh well. These links contain mainly just pictures.